Business Continuity Management (BCM) ensures that you can identify your risks, manage them appropriately and be able to respond accordingly should your business suffer a significant disruption.
A fully functioning and transparent business continuity plan demonstrates that you are aware of your risks and have instructive, practical mitigation and response strategies in the event of potential interruption. This will ensure that risks are minimised and that your business and services will not be severely impacted. By enabling services to resume within specified timeframes the overall risk profile of your business will be reduced.
Robust risk and business continuity management programs deliver a number of tangible and intangible benefits including:
- Improved asset protection
- Compliance with regulatory requirements
- Minimising operational downtime
- Reduced operating costs during and following a disruption
- Cost effective recovery plans
- Protection of staff, clients and reduced losses as a result of a business interruption
- Transparent process and document trail enable you to adequately defend yourself in a potential claim scenario
- Identification and assessment of key risks
- Reduced risk profile for the organisation
- Managed exposure to risks of business interruption
- Improved operational resilience to unforeseen events
- Preservation of reputation through continuity of supply of service
- Establishing critical business functions, timings, resources and relevant recovery strategies
- Confirmation of roles and responsibilities; e.g. BCP Team Leader, logkeeper etc.
- Agreed ownership and alternate business continuity team structures
- Ensure adequacy of recovery strategies
- Confirm assumptions and number of plans
- Maintain staff, client and community confidence
- Protecting and even enhancing our client’s reputation
RMRI has developed and reviewed business continuity arrangements for a range of clients from both the private and public sector. Our approach adheres to the ISO22301:2012 (ISO22301) Business Continuity Management Systems (BCMS) – Requirements.
We offer the following services:
- Development of Business Impact Assessments (BIA)
- Development of Business Continuity Plans (BCP) including policy, framework and operational plans
- BCP testing and validating effectiveness of current BCPs.
- BCM Organisational Maturity Reviews
- Crisis Management
- BCM training