Hazard identification is a fundamental step in risk assessment; we cannot manage or mitigate hazards unless we are aware of them. We work closely with our clients to deliver comprehensive and thorough hazard identification which can be used as the basis for further analysis such as QRA.
HAZID is a high-level hazard identification technique commonly applied on an area-by-area basis to hazardous installations. It consists of a systematic identification of events that are potentially directly hazardous to personnel and can also include review of the possible causes and consequences.
The benefits of HAZID are:
- a flexible method which is applicable to any type of installation;
- leverages the experience of operating personnel as part of the team; and
- identifies hazards, cause and consequences which are the inputs required for QRA
Our HAZID specialists can work with your multi-disciplinary teams familiar with the installation to facilitate this process and capture the results. Where appropriate we are also able to perform HAZIDs independently by the desktop method.
We offer the following hazard identification services:
- Hazard Identification (HAZID)
- Hazard Operability (HAZOP)
- Plant ‘walk downs’ and surveys
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
- hazard registers and fault schedules.
For further information and help identifying the hazards you face, please contact us.